Tara’s Favorite Seven Layer Dip
Total Time: 40 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25-30 mins
Yield: 6 servings
Dish Size: 9x13 Baker
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 2 Tbsp Beef It Up temp-tations® seasoning*
- 3 bell peppers (one each red, green, and yellow), seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3-4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 8-ounce blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar salsa**
- 2 cups four cheese blend, shredded
- chips or pitas, for serving
- In a heavy bottom skillet over medium heat, sauté meat until browned. Drain and set aside.
- While meat is browning, dice veggies.
- In a 9x13 temp-tations® baker, spread cream cheese evenly over bottom.
- In a small bowl, mix browned meat with Beef It Up temp-tations® seasoning and a jar of salsa. Spread evenly over cream cheese.
- Layer peppers, onions, and tomatoes in that order.
- Top with cheese and bake in a preheated 325°F oven until cheese melts and layers are bubbly.
- Serve with your favorite chips or pitas.
* If you don’t have Beef it Up temp-tations® seasoning blend you can use a packet of taco or chili seasoning.
** I use medium salsa but it’s your choice—hot or mild are good, too.