Total Time: 2 Hrs 10 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Steep Time: 2 Hrs
Equipment: Mugs & Drinkware, Mini Pitcher
You will also need
- 1 gallon drink dispenser
- A sharp knife
- A cutting board
- 4 cups fresh watermelon with the rind removed
- 12 tea bags, I used black tea and removed the tag before steeping.
- 12 cups filtered water
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Simple syrup (optional)
- Start by cutting watermelon into large chunks and making sure the rind is completely removed.
- Add the tea bags (with tags removed) to a 1-gallon drink dispenser to steep.
- Next, add 12 cups of filtered water and the 4 cups of cubed watermelon to the drink dispenser.
- Seal the drink dispenser and take it outdoors to a sunny location.
- Let the tea steep out in the sun for 2 hours.
- After steeping, use a pair of tongs to take the tea bags out of the dispenser. Serve over ice with fresh mint. If you like sweet tea add simple syrup to your liking.
- Refrigerate any left over tea. (Be sure to enjoy it in the next few days for best freshness.)