White Bean Chicken Chili
Total Time: 3 hrs, 15 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 3 hrs*
Yield: 6 servings
Dish Size: 6-Quart slow cooker
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (about 1 ½ lbs.)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 15-ounce cans white cannellini beans
- 1 15-ounce can great northern or garbanzo beans
- 2 4.5-ounce cans chopped green chilies
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup chopped parsley or cilantro**
- avocado, for garnish
- Place chicken in bottom of your 6-quart temp-tations® slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker—except parsley (or cilantro) and avocado.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a bowl, cool, and shred chicken. Set aside.
- With an immersion blender, puree about 2 cups of the beans to thicken chili. Return blended mixture to pot.
- Stir in shredded chicken and chopped parsley or cilantro.
Some slow cookers run really hot. Check the chicken at about 2 or 2 ½ hours for doneness. Don’t overcook the chicken.
**Parsley or Cilantro? Most chili recipes call for cilantro, but if you don’t care for it, flat leaf parsley is a great substitute.