Zucchini Zoodles with Fresh Tomatoes and Olives
Total Time: 28 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 8 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, sliced
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, coarsely chopped (peel if desired)
- ½ cup English or seeded cucumber, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Spiralize zucchini into noodles. Sprinkle with salt and set aside in a colander for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until just golden, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper, then reduce heat to medium low and cook just until the tomatoes release juices, about 3-5 minutes.
- Dry zoodles with a clean kitchen or paper towel. Add zoodles, cucumber, basil, and olives to tomato mixture.
- Cook just until zoodles are warmed through—about 1-2 minutes. Top with parmesan cheese and serve.
This flavorful dish utilizes the last of our garden “bounty” and tastes like sum